Tuesday, October 5, 2010

What, Mom?

The boys and I were outside today enjoying the beautiful weather. The neighbor boy from across the street joined in and the three were playing soccer in the front yard.

So here we have a 7-year-old, 5-year-old and a 3-year-old (almost 6 and 4).

Along comes young neighbor who is in her early 20's and apparently has just returned from the beach, as she is still in full beach attire, a string bikini.  She gets out of the car and I see Rylan and the neighbor boy whispering something, covering their mouths while they talk because they know they probably shouldn't be talking about the girl wearing her bathing suit, although they probably do not understand why.  A quick, "Rylan" in the mommy-tone takes care of that and brings those two back down to earth where playing soccer is more important.

A minute later I realized Nathan was no longer playing soccer and I don't see him.

(Meanwhile, bikini girl is still getting things out of the car, but she has at least put a shirt on now.)

"Nathan?"

Nathan's head pops up from behind the car, where he can get a full view of what's going on in the yard next door.

"What, Mom? I was just....(looks around for something to say)....I was just looking at Junior's house across the street."

I'm totally not buying it, because the look on his face tells me exactly what he was doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment