Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Good and Bad Word

I was outside watching the kids play with some boys across the street. 

They were about 7 or 8 years old, a little older than mine, who are 4 and 6.

One of the boys I don't really know, but when he shot the basketball he said something like, "Yeah Sucker!" to the boys.

Then I could see them talking and heard a few words here or there.

I heard Rylan saying that his Mommy and Daddy (us) say that's a bad word.

Nathan was very adamant that it was a bad word and didn't blame us for it like Rylan did.

Then I heard Nathan say, "I can say 'farty poopy.'" Then he laughed at himself.

And since he's the youngest and the older ones tend to ignore him, he said it like 3 other times, still laughing at himself!

**DISCLAIMER** Mommy and Daddy have never said, "Sure, go ahead and say 'farty poopy'." Usually we're telling him it's inappropriate.

But as this was a boys' conversation, I let it play out and just watched and laughed.

No comments:

Post a Comment