Monday, June 28, 2010

Glimpses of a First Date

Our niece, who is almost 11 years old, was sleeping over our house for the night. It's been interesting to see my 5 year old interact with her in a one-on-one situation. When I just sit back and observe, I can see a lot of the things that we have been teaching him, directly and indirectly, at work. One of these things gave me a glimpse into what his first date might look like, or maybe the conversation starter to get the first date. We were sitting down for dinner and Rylan asks Taylor, "Have you been enjoying your summer so far?" The question in and of itself is not funny, but the five year old asking the question in such a grown-up way made me chuckle inside. He's been picking up on these things and is putting them to good use. Wish I could be a fly on the wall when he has to start "that" conversation so far down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment