Saturday, March 6, 2010

"They found each other"

We were driving home from church and listening to classical music to soothe the savage beasts in the back seat. We try to picture what's happening based on the music. For example, the music sounded sad and lonely and Rylan said, "It sounds like someone is lost." Then the music picked up and we said it sounds like someone was running. Then the music got sweet and almost romantic, and I said, "It sounds like they found each other." That last statement triggered a memory from the day for Rylan. He said, "Mom, do you know that something very special happened today at school?" I was intrigued, so I asked what it was. He said, "Wayra said that she likes me now and she's my friend." I was driving, so I couldn't see his face, but I could hear the smile in his voice. I told him that was great and I'm happy for him. But I just had to know, "How does that make you feel?" "Happy," he said very quietly. Later he brought it up again and said, "Wayra said that she likes me best out of all the boys in school. She likes me more." I was so happy for him!
A couple days later we were looking at the graduation pictures that were up on the board at school. We were looking for his picture, but he found hers first. He pointed at it and looked at me with a little smirk. That's all, nothing said, it was written all over his face. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment